For a little bit of lighthearted fun, here’s a tribute to one of the hardest parts of working in the funeral profession — the 3am removal call!
1. There’s the initial moment of confusion when your phone goes off.
2. You stumble around in the dark trying to make yourself look presentable.
3. So that you can be there for a family at their worst possible moment.
4. But afterward, you can’t wait to get back to bed.
5. Your alarm clock goes off way too early.
6. You load up on caffeine hoping to make it through the day.
7. But you can hardly keep your eyes open.
8. You think about sneaking in a nap under your desk.
9. But you aren’t sure you’ll be able to get back up.
10. So you push through the rest of the day.
11. Do your best not to fall asleep at your desk.
12. Even though you know, deep down, that you wouldn’t trade that moment when a family tells you that you’ve made their journey easier for all the extra sleep in the world.
Here’s to hoping your Labor Day weekend involves a little less “labor” and a little more “weekend!”
WOW! You hit that nail right on the head. Seems like I’ve done that at least three times a week since I can remember…