Technology is everywhere, and with the growth in artificial intelligence and virtual reality, it seems its spread is never-ending.
Technology has had a huge impact on virtually every industry, including the funeral profession. But when it comes to taking care of families who are mourning the loss of a loved one, nothing beats interacting with another person.
“When you meet face-to-face and do things with people face-to-face, there’s a whole cascade of neurotransmitters that are released into your bloodstream and hormones to your brain,” says Susan Pinker, a psychologist, author, and social science columnist for the Wall Street Journal. “These damp down stress; they allow us to lower our guard and trust people.”
These hormones and neurotransmitters, namely oxytocin and dopamine, aren’t generally released through interactions online, which means that we feel a big difference when we communicate with someone in person rather than through other means.
But just because technology could never replace human interaction doesn’t mean that the two can’t coincide. In fact, today’s funeral technology makes it possible for funeral directors to spend even more time with who really matters — their families, and the families they serve.
- Putting relevant information about your services online means that families can focus on talking to you about what they want for their family member rather than the logistics. If your website is well-organized, families can find the information they need and come to you with a plan in mind.
- Being able to take care of website upkeep from anywhere means that you can use the time you save to talk with families more face-to-face. With the Frazer Web Manager app for iOS and Android, you can
- View form submissions
- See new email subscribers
- View Tribute Store orders
- See website traffic and usage stats
- Authorize incoming photos, comments, and testimonials
- View upcoming services
- Much more!
- Designing your client families’ memorial folders, program folders, prayer cards, and thank-you cards with just a few clicks of a button in Tribute Center saves you time you could be spending talking to them. And with hundreds of different themes, ready-to-use quotes and prayers, and the ability to import the deceased’s information from data management software, you can be sure to create completely customizable keepsakes in no time at all.
- Frazer-powered software integrates with the most-used funeral data management software on the market so that all of your information is in one place. We currently work with 11 different data management software companies and are constantly integrating more.
- New website customers with Frazer Consultants who choose our Custom, Custom+, or Custom Ultimate packages have their websites completely taken care of by our team. We integrate all the information from your old site, including obituaries and tribute messages, and design a brand new site that’s SEO-optimized and mobile-friendly.
Spending more time with your families can have a very positive impact on their experience with you and your funeral home.