We recently launched some new updates to the blog feature on all Frazer-powered websites. We believe these new changes will help streamline the experience your families have when reading your funeral home’s blog.
Does your funeral home have a blog? If it doesn’t, it’s definitely worth considering. And it’s never too late to start blogging.
To a funeral professional, it’s the relationships you build with families that are most important. And a blog is a great way to build and engage with those relationships. Just look at some of the benefits a blog can bring:
- A blog can help you start the conversation about the value and importance of funeral services. A study done by the Pew Research Center found that more than 85% of users have “learned something new or important that really helped them or increased their knowledge.”
- It can help humanize your brand and tell your funeral home’s story to the community.
- It shows your funeral home is committed to improving the community.
- It can increase your SEO and web traffic. According to Entrepreneur, a business blog scores a higher grade in search engine algorithms — meaning your website will show up higher on Google and other search engines.
- A blog will help you generate more leads (potential client families), so you and your team can follow up with families and their questions.
- A blog builds trust. Blogging is the fifth most-trusted source of online information.
- Blogs also give you high-quality content to share with families on your social media networks. And if those families share what you’ve shared, you can easily increase your following on social media.
There really are a lot of benefits to blogging. And blogging will cost you nothing (except time, but if you keep reading, we’ll give some ideas to help get you going and save you time).
Updates to Blogging
As we mentioned, we’ve made some new updates to the blogging features on Frazer-powered websites.
These updates include:
- Social sharing — if families reading your blog want to share a post, they can easily do so by clicking on any of the buttons near your blog’s title. This allows them to quickly share a post and helps bring back more traffic to your site.
- We’ve made a mobile-friendly version of the blog because mobile is such an important trend this year. Now when families access your website from a mobile device, they can easily browse your blog and use all the same great features as they normally would from a desktop computer.
What to Blog About
Now that families can share and browse your blog easier than ever, are you ready to get started? Here’s a list of ideas to help your blog take off:
- Highlight your community contributions. If your funeral home recently put on a holiday remembrance program, works with local charity groups, hosts fundraisers, or any other community activity, write a blog about it! Don’t forget to share any photos!
- Are there multiple funeral homes in your area? Write a blog post explaining how your funeral home is different from your competitors.
- Show off your staff and facility. Families like to work with people they know, so you can write a series of posts on each staff member’s story. You also can write about the unique history of your funeral home and its role in the community.
- Use your blog as an opportunity to teach! Explain to families the importance of having a viewing before cremation, or explain how to write a meaningful eulogy.
- Highlight your new services! For example, if your funeral home recently started using Tribute Pay‘s crowdfunding feature, write an article about it and how it will benefit families in the community.
- Provide inspiration for families who are grieving and share different resources with them.
The topics to write about are as boundless as your imagination. With these new updates, we hope to help make your blog the go-to source for funeral information in the community!