Music heals the soul, so since it’s almost Mother’s Day, we’ve compiled these tribute songs for honoring and remembering moms. Remembrance songs help people cope with grief, as they capture the endless love and devotion moms have for their children.
From the classics to some more recent hits, there’s a perfect remembrance song for everyone to honor their mom’s memory.
Here are a few of our favorite songs from a variety of different genres that pay tribute to moms.
Country Tribute Songs
These country tribute songs are touching representations of a mom’s neverending love and appreciation for their children.
1. Carrie Underwood “Mama’s Song”
2. Randy Travis “Angels”
3. The Band Perry “Mother Like Mine”
Rock Tribute Songs
This compilation of rock songs by a few legendary artists is heartwarming and pays memorable tribute to moms.
4. Ozzy Osbourne “Mama, I’m Coming Home”
5. Elvis Presley “Mama Liked the Roses”
6. John Lennon “Mother”
R&B and Pop Tribute Songs
These R&B and pop songs are perfect examples of a mom’s love and everything they do for their children.
7. Abba “Slipping Through My Fingers”
8. Backstreet Boys “The Perfect Fan”
9. NSYNC “(God Must Have Spent) A Little More Time on You”
10. Boyz 2 Men “A Song for Mama”
I can see it now – everyone gathered to share sweet memories of dear old Mom, and someone chooses “Mother” from this list and sings out:
“Mother, you had me, but I never had you
I wanted you, you didn’t want me
So I just got to tell you goodbye.”