After a long, tiring day, a simple act of kindness can go a long way. Think about the times you came home, and your spouse had dinner ready. Or the time you child made you breakfast in bed for Mother’s Day or Father’s Day. Did these small acts of kindness brighten your day?
Since we never know what others are going through, whether that be a long day or the loss of their loved one, why not spread a little kindness? Just one little act can uplift them and help them continue their day on the right foot. Below are some easy ways you can show kindness today!
- Send flowers to a friend who has been stressed lately.
- Pick up after the dogs in your neighborhood.
- Call an older relative and ask them about their day.
- Send a care package to a college student you know.
- Give five genuine compliments to strangers.
- Pack your spouse a thoughtful lunch.
- Pay for the person behind you in a drive-thru.
- Bring in treats for your coworkers.
- Offer to babysit your friends’ children, so they can have a date night.
- Write appreciation notes to each of your coworkers.
- Go through your closet and donate unwanted items.
- Volunteer at a community event.
- Do the #TrashTag challenge.
- Instead of spending $5 on a coffee, donate it to charity.
- Write a nice online review for a business you love.
- Tip a little extra at dinner.
- Leave a nice note in your library book.
- Treat a friend to a movie — bonus points for getting popcorn too!
- Donate blood or plasma.
- Offer to mow your neighbor’s lawn.
- Get the pot of coffee started at work.
- Tidy up your workspace to make the custodian’s job easier.
- Share a positive quote on social media.
What are some ways you spread kindness? Share by commenting below!