With the end of the year approaching, it’s time for your funeral home to check in on your progress toward your business goals. Maybe your goal for this year is to find more preneed families. Or maybe it’s to get a better handle on your firm’s organizational system. Whatever your goal is, updating your funeral technology solutions may help you achieve it.
Like when learning anything new, we know that implementing new technology solutions can be intimidating. But it’s important to remember that funeral technology is designed to make things easier for your business, not more difficult. It’s also designed with funeral professionals in mind, so it’s easy for anyone to learn how to use it, even if you don’t consider yourself tech-savvy.
Let’s go over four examples of how technology can help boost your business performance now and into the new year.
1. Invest in Your Funeral Home’s Online Presence — Your Website
There are many features that your website should have to set up your funeral home for success, but we’ll focus on these three important ones:
- You want it to be easy to navigate.
- It should help you stand out from the competition.
- It should save you time.
First off, your families don’t have time to search around for the information they need. If your website doesn’t have a user-friendly design, they’ll go elsewhere. It also should be easy for your employees to navigate, so you can quickly make updates as needed. This way, you easily differentiate your firm from your competitors. It also should save you time, such as by having an online payment center, which we’ll talk about next.
2. Expand Your Funeral Home’s Payment Options
By expanding your funeral home’s payment options, you’re making things easier for both your families and your staff, such as by:
- Giving your families the option to conveniently pay online.
- Not only giving them the option to pay online but giving multiple payment options.
- Making your firm’s reporting process much easier.
Paying online means families can pay on their own time in their own home, without having to schedule a time to drive to your facility to meet. They also appreciate multiple options, so they can choose what best fits their needs, whether that’s paying with a credit card, starting a funeral crowdfunding campaign, or another option. And if your firm has a solution that offers all these payment options in one place, it gives you a clearer picture of your reporting.
3. Get Organized with the Right Funeral Home Management Software
Choosing the right funeral home management software for your firm is crucial for improving efficiency. Below are a few key features that it should include to help you achieve that:
- Access your data anywhere.
- Eliminate time-consuming tasks.
- Be more organized with everything in one place.
If your management software is web-based, that means that you’re not limited to just one device or paper filing system. No matter where you are, you can access your cases, files, and other important information on virtually any device. It also should save you time, such as by integrating with your other solutions to eliminate double data entry. By having everything you need in one place, you won’t waste time tracking down the information you need.
4. Take Advantage of Marketing Automation to Reach More Families
Marketing automation can help you reach more families all with less work from your employees. It’s designed to save you time by automating redundant tasks.
For example, these are a few key benefits of marketing automation:
It saves you the time and effort of…
- Planning your marketing campaigns.
- Writing the content.
- Conducting marketing research.
Researching your target audience, planning your marketing campaigns, writing the content, and publishing and sending it takes a lot of time that funeral directors simply don’t have. By using marketing automation software, you can automate these tasks, so your employees don’t need to worry about it.
Check Out Our New Funeral Technology Solutions
Ready to start boosting your business performance? Frazer offers all four of these funeral technology solutions, including:
- A drag-and-drop website builder to easily customize your website to your firm.
- Integrated payment options to make things easier for your employees and families.
- FrazerGO management software that integrates with your other Frazer solutions to save you time.
- We partner with Growth Engine marketing hub, so your funeral home can reach more families with this powerful automated software.
We designed our solutions to be easy to use, but if you ever have any questions, our team is always here to help.
Click here to learn more about what’s new at Frazer!